Source: ResApp Health (ASX:RAP) eases COVID-19 pressure with smartphone app – The Market Herald. Healthcare company ResApp Health (ASX:RAP) is helping fight the COVID-19 pandemic with its respiratory diagnostic smartphone app.
- Healthcare company ResApp Health (RAP) is helping fight the COVID-19 pandemic with a smartphone app
- The app, called ResAppDX-EU, is able to diagnose severe respiratory conditions through a phone’s microphone
- A patient simply coughs into their phone and the ResApp tech does the rest
- The app has been licenced to a Brisbane COVID-19 relief clinic for free to help ease the burden of the pandemic on hospitals
- Shares in ResApp are trading almost 10 per cent higher today, currently worth 18 cents each
Healthcare company ResApp Health (RAP) is helping fight the COVID-19 pandemic with its respiratory diagnostic smartphone app.
The app, called ResAppDX-EU, is able to diagnose and measure the severity of respiratory conditions through nothing but a mobile phone. A patient simply coughs into their device’s microphone and ReApp’s algorithms do the rest.
The product is approved for use in Europe through CE Mark certification and has Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approval in Australia.
Now, the mobile app is being used to assist healthcare workers fighting COVID-19.
ResApp’s mobile diagnostic app has been tested at a government-funded COVID-19 clinic in Brisbane over the past month.
The clinic is designed to ease the burden on the healthcare system by treating mild-to-moderate respiratory systems that can be associated with the coronavirus. The clinic has also been testing patients for COVID-19.
Today, ResApp told shareholders it has given the clinic a licence to use the ResAppDx-EU app for free until the start of September 2020.
The app will help identify patients with lower respiratory tract infections, pneumonia, asthma, and more.